Asset Flows: Commodities fall out of favor

Mixed arbitrage funds benefit from investor confidence in May.


May was a slow month for hedge fund allocations with net outflows of 0.07% for the month. Investors were bullish towards mixed arbitrage funds and inflows of 2.9% combined with performance gains of 0.74% lifted the strategy’s total assets up 3.64%. Commodities funds lost some of their shine with investors