Man Group is one of the world’s largest independent alternative investment managers, and a leader in liquid investment strategies. Across its four investment managers (Man AHL, Man FRM, Man GLG and Man Numeric), Man Group has diverse hedge fund strategies and long only products spanning equity, credit, managed futures, convertibles, emerging markets and multi-manager solutions. At 31 March 2016, Man Group’s funds under management were $78.6 billion.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
Working as part of the Financial Accounting team, the main purpose of the role is to support the financial and management accounting and processing functions for a number of Man Group entities by performing key functions such as intercompany booking and settlement, processing and reconciliation of prepayments and various other monthly transactions. Additionally the role includes responsibility for the preparation of management reporting and financial controls for a number of entities, and assisting in any ad-hoc projects as required.
- Perform a core set of functions such as:
- Intercompany booking, settlement and reconciliation
- Instruction of internal and external payments
- Booking of cash transactions and reconciliation of bank accounts
- Processing and recharging of payroll and agency costs
- Invoicing and reconciliation of sub-tenant recharges
- Coordinating Finance’s involvement in the subscriptions and redemptions process for Man’s seeding investments and the annual fund product awards and vesting cycles
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly IFRS management reporting for assigned entities, including:
- General ledger postings
- Preparing supporting schedules and performing related processes
- Financial control including analytical review and balance sheet reconciliations
- Reporting to the group team, including follow-up of review points or queries
- Assist with the preparation of local GAAP statutory accounts and tax returns
- Liaise with auditors and resolve audit queries
- Take a proactive role in questioning processes in place with a view to continuous improvement
- Involvement in ad-hoc projects within Finance
- Accounting: Good level of accounting knowledge. Experience of posting journals, preparing reconciliations, processing of prepayments and accruals, intercompany recharging
- IT Skills: Strong excel skills, experience with general ledger systems, and the ability to learn new systems
- Experience: A minimum of two years’ experience working in a large finance department, including experience working in a financial accounting team
- Other: Proactive, able to work unsupervised, highly organised, close attention to detail, good written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Please visit the company website and login to apply.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application