AIMA seeks a Business Development professional within its Asia-Pacific operations based in Hong Kong
AIMA is looking to hire a Business Development professional as part of its Asia-Pacific operations. Based in Hong Kong, the role brings significant exposure to AIMA’s activities and stakeholders in the region. We are looking for a professional and mature communicator, with excellent project management skills and a genuine enthusiasm for the opportunities offered by a small team environment. You will have previous experience in business development from a large international institution; including relationship management and thought leadership delivery. The role requires fluency and literacy in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
About the Role
This role provides an excellent opportunity to actively contribute towards the growth and development of AIMA’s education and membership activities in Asia-Pacific. Regionally, AIMA has offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Australia and the Chinese mainland; and this client-facing role will develop and sustain strong working relationships with members and counterparts; ensure the consistent and positive delivery of our brand to members; identify further membership opportunities; and coordinate delivery of AIMA’s thought leadership throughout the region.
As the industry’s global representative body, AIMA is acknowledged as a respected provider of advocacy, sound practice and thought leadership. Each year we keep more than 3,500 Asia-based member contacts apprised of industry developments, via our independent research as well as a platform of 60+ AIMA APAC events. As well as our own flagship forums in APAC, we also work regularly with other providers to broaden our membership’s access to information and learning opportunities around the region. As well as the member interface, this role will support our broader remit to further the understanding of our industry throughout the region and provide support to policy-driven education initiatives.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Identifying relevant and appropriate branding opportunities throughout the region
- Drafting and proof-reading AIMA development materials in both English and Chinese
- Managing existing and prospective membership records and associated reporting
- Dealing with membership queries and coordinating member feedback
- Assisting with the planning and marketing of the regional education calendar
- Coordinating with global colleagues to ensure consistent delivery of AIMA education
- Negotiating AIMA event sponsorship packages and managing sponsor relationships
- Sourcing and managing relationships with outsource service providers
- Working with speakers, hosts and sponsors to plan content and logistics
- Overseeing on the day logistics and ensuring the smooth running of AIMA events
- Negotiating partnership and endorsement packages with external education providers
- Representing AIMA at conferences and other external events
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience of business development / coordinating thought leadership programmes
- A strong understanding of the financial service industry and its key players
- Excellent organizational skills and a disciplined approach to project management
- The ability to prioritise tasks effectively to their conclusion and work to deadlines
- A responsive and professional manner in all modes of communication
- Work well in a small team and have the dexterity and willingness to tackle a broad range of tasks
- Fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese (oral and written)
This role is located in Hong Kong and for non-permanent residents, an offer of employment would be contingent on achieving the necessary work permit status. The position reports to the Head of APAC and is open with immediate effect. AIMA offers competitive remuneration packages dependent on experience.
How to Apply
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org enclosing your resume; as well as any additional information relevant to your application.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application