We have an outstanding career opportunity to add an additional Business Development team member at our Manhattan, NY location, working directly within the Hedge Fund industry. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing Fund Administration company. This role is responsible for new client lead generation and for driving the sales process through signed contract. This role is responsible for cultivating new clients and for increasing firm revenues through the development of business relationships with targeted new clients.
- Develop a strong pipeline of new customers through direct or indirect customer contact, prospecting and from industry referral sources.
- Identify and help to develop strategic relationships with potential and inquiring customers.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and operations teams to implement business development initiatives.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients and industry participants as part of the sales process and as part of marketing efforts to increase brand awareness
- Generate a personal referral network in conjunction with guidance from SVP Head of Sales and Marketing
- Attend industry meetings and conferences as needed
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to identify branding opportunities
- Maintain existing client relationships and provide ongoing supports alongside the operations and client solutions teams
- Some travel may be required
- (MUST HAVE) 1-3 years of hedge fund, financial services, banking or applicable sales. (requirement)
- Demonstrated ability to identify key contacts and generate new business.
- Self-motivated with self-confidence, patience and a strong desire to exceed expectations. Off the charts written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a small environment with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly motivated individual with initiative, positive attitude, independence and adaptability
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize workflow in fast-paced, start-up, environment
- You’re motivated and driven — a self-starter. You’re committed to growing professionally and staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and strategies.
- You’re a master collaborator. You thrive when you’re part of a team.
- You’re an expert problem-solver. You jump at the opportunity to take on challenges and come up with creative, innovative solutions.
- Acute attention to details and getting things right. You’re organized, and you consistently follow through with projects.
Problem Solving Complexity:
- Ability to voice and explain idea for influencing
- Should have a proven ability to demonstrate a solution sale
- Confidence of selling a service
Education & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales or related Finance degree
- Knowledge of financial products including, but not limited to – public and private equities, fixed income, currencies, futures and derivatives (preferred)
- Knowledge of fund structures and the overall fund industry
- Should have a proven ability to demonstrate a solution and consultative based sale
- Perform prospecting, referral building and relationship development for new accounts
- Have mastered all things Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Opus Fund Services is a high growth, multi-award winning, global fund administration company currently seeking experienced professionals to join our Manhattan, NY. location. We serve as the official books and records for hedge funds, fund of funds, and other financial vehicles, providing a wide variety of middle and back office services including independent valuations. You will be applying for a position with a global hedge fund administrator that has been recognized as the fastest growing admin, top-rated by its clients, and ranked #1 by leading industry publications HFM and Global Custodian. Most recently winning Best North American Fund Administrator by Hedge Week US.
We were established in Bermuda in 2006, subsequently expanding our footprint into the US with offices in Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Portland and most recently Dublin. Opus continues to grow, as evidenced by the recent establishment of a new operations center for internal processing in Manila, The Philippines.
We are an extremely fast-paced and energetic company which has been recently named one of the Top 20 Greatest Places to Work in the Financial Services Industry. At Opus we don’t look for ordinary, run-of-the-mill applicants. We are looking for innovative and high impact employees who want to work in a culture where smart and passionate people excel. The successful candidate will possess mental agility, a very engaging personality, and exceptional writing and speaking skills. At Opus we are committed to hiring and developing top talent that operate with a non-conventional philosophy of high inter-disciplinary collaboration and contribution at all levels. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. We are not the run of the mill boring corporate environment; we work hard and are committed to having fun in a family environment.
We are looking for rock stars, if you’re one we would love to have you join our team.
Please take a look at our website. www.opusfundservices.com
How to Apply
We offer a base salary (60-70k) + bonus + commission, commensurate with experience, a strong commission package, bonus and total benefits plan and more. This is a dynamic, fast growing company that offers an employee friendly working environment.
There will be no relocation offered or visa sponsorship for this position.
Please apply via email.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application