Founded in 1999 by Sir Michael Hintze, CQS is a global multi strategy asset management firm with c. $12.3bn under management with offices in London, New York, Hong Kong, Sydney, Luxemburg and Jersey. CQS launched its first hedge fund in March 2000 and has since expanded its offering to include additional strategies and bespoke solutions in the areas of multi-strategy, convertibles, asset backed securities, credit, loans and equities.
The Business Manager will support the COO in providing an effective operational platform across the global CQS business.
The COO oversees all the firm’s Infrastructure functions (Finance, Tax, HR, Legal, Technology and Middle Office) and the firm’s regional offices, as well as working closely with the Investment and Distribution teams. The COO is responsible for setting operational strategy and delivering a clear vision for the senior management team.
The Business Manager will assist the COO both with his daily tasks as well project work and strategic planning activities. The Business Manager will need to develop a comprehensive understanding of the firm in order to assist with a wide range of operational, financial management and governance matters. The Business Manager will be a key contributor during high level projects, for example; development of new products, new business lines, corporate restructuring and M&A activities.
- In depth reporting and analysis on all business functions
- The creation and constant development of insightful MI to support the decision making of the COO
- On-going monitoring of the risk and performance of each business function against key risk and control indicators
- Assisting with the development of business plans and budgets and subsequently monitoring performance against these objectives
- Assisting with the review of new business proposals and the formulation of commercial terms for new and/or bespoke solutions
- Assisting the COO in exploring opportunities for expanding the business (e.g. acquisitions etc.)
- Identifying key industry trends and best practice through analysis and networking
- Assisting the COO with the firm’s compensation process
- Assisting the COO in preparing data and materials for the firm’s boards and committees
- Effectively and proactively communicating with the CQS team and key external contacts
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as and when required
- The successful candidate will ideally hold an MBA (or equivalent) from a top academic institution
- Previous experience working in a financial institution
- Highly numerate with advanced accounting & Microsoft Excel skills
- Impeccable organisation and planning skills
- A commercial mindset and acute business awareness
- Delivery focused; constantly seeking efficiencies
- A natural innovator and problem solver
- Previous experience of running concurrent and high profile projects
- Previous experience of relationship building and senior stake-holder management
- Intellectually flexible with the ability to see operational detail as well as the wider strategic vision
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and negotiate
How to Apply
To apply please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application