Firm Background: Federal Way Asset Management (“FWAM”) is an investment management firm offering both alternatives management, including investments in hedge funds and private equity funds, and fiduciary management to a limited number of clients. FWAM commenced operations on July 1, 2012 as the culmination of a spin-out of the asset management team from Weyerhaeuser Company. FWAM’s asset management solution is designed to cover key aspects of the investment process including governance consulting, strategy development, implementation, risk management, operational management and regulatory support. FWAM’s fee-paying assets under management are currently in excess of $5 billion.
Key Functions: This position will report to the Director of Client Accounting and Reporting and offers a unique exposure to both investment accounting and performance analysis and reporting. As a key member of the Client Accounting and Reporting Team, this role will interact with many members of the FWAM team including investment, marketing, finance and accounting. Externally, this position will have significant exposure to clients, vendors, fund administrators, trustees and auditors. Key responsibilities will include:
Client Investment Accounting and Data Control
- Monitor, review and validate daily activities within clients’ portfolios to ensure accurate and timely accounting of investment transactions and period-end valuations – ensuring compliance with U.S. GAAP and FWAM accounting and valuation policies
- Monitor daily cash activities, approve monthly cash reconciliation and assist with cash forecast
- Review and approve comingled fund valuations, fee calculations and investor allocations
- Reconcile internal position-level data with third party books of record
- Provide detailed information to support clients’ audit and financial reporting processes
- Performance Analysis and Reporting
- Compute, monitor, analyze and verify accuracy of investment portfolio performance
- Benchmark and report performance results and trends on a regular basis
- Compile, review and report performance reports and key deliverables to clients, management and third parties on a regular basis
- Maintain accurate and timely performance data in various client-facing and internal databases
- Provide performance data support and prepare ad-hoc performance analysis as needed
A candidate expected to succeed in this role will have received a Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, and have accumulated three years of professional experience in investment management, accounting or finance. Prior experience with alternative assets and/or hedge fund operations is preferable. The pursuit of the CFA, CPA or CIPM designations is encouraged. Additional key attributes sought include:
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Strong analytic and computational skills – with a keen understanding of performance calculation methodologies accepted by the investment industry a plus.
- Sound conceptual understanding of accounting, auditing, reporting and investment return calculations
- Works well in a team environment – flexible and agreeable to different demands while confident enough to offer independent thought and input
- Strong values including honesty, integrity, ethical behavior, diligence and a strong work ethic
- Investment accounting experience preferred
- Ability to execute, take the initiative and react to unexpected requests
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
How to Apply
Please contact Todd Keeney E;email@example.com
Please reference HFM Week in your application.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application