About Man Group
Man Group is one of the world’s largest independent alternative investment managers, and a leader in liquid investment strategies. Across its four investment managers (Man AHL, Man FRM, Man GLG and Man Numeric), Man Group has diverse hedge fund strategies and long only products spanning equity, credit, managed futures, convertibles, emerging markets and multi-manager solutions. At 31 March 2016, Man Group’s funds under management were $78.6 billion.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
Man’s business principles distil and define our key priorities, focus and culture:
Performance: First, foremost and always, we focus on delivering superior risk adjusted performance
Clients: Our clients are at the heart of everything we do
Excellence: Good is not enough, we strive to be excellent in all we do
Responsibility: We always do the right thing and conduct our business with the highest standards of integrity
Differentiation: We seek to be differentiated and original in our thinking
Meritocracy: We succeed through talent, commitment, diligence and teamwork
Purpose of the role
The core function of this role is to produce reports for our retail and institutional clients and work on reporting based projects. You will have close working relationships with the Performance and Risk team as well as dealing with many other teams within the firm.
- Report on a wide range of funds from Long Only, Long/Short, Credit and Managed Futures to name a few. The majority of these reports are produced on a monthly basis
- Provide an explanation of the effect of market movements on the performance of our product range and also include performance, contribution/attribution and exposure data
- Publish performance newsletters that keep the company and clients abreast of key performance movements on flagship funds and overview newsletters of content engine performance and outlooks on a weekly basis
- Graduate calibre with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent in a maths or finance related degree
- Good knowledge of hedge funds and strategies together with a clear interest in the financial markets
- Excellent written English and attention to detail is crucial as you will be responsible for data extraction, manipulation, validation and control
- Advanced Excel skills and previous experience in hedge funds is preferential
- Ability to manage own workload and take responsibility for tasks
- Effective time management is essential in order to manage your allocation of work across the business contents
- Able to communicate effectively across all levels of the business
- IMC qualification looked upon favourably
- Pro-active attitude and strong communication skills are key
The successful individual will gain a deep understanding of the hedge fund business and also develop their performance and risk skills. We’re seeking someone who is capable of challenging current procedures and are able to accommodate the increasing demands for transparency from our institutional investors. Training will involve learning to contribute to the production of all of the above as well as organising the various reporting processes from start to finish and learning to operate the in-house reporting software systems. We also actively encourage employees to study towards either the CFA or CAIA qualifications and will support the successful candidate towards these goals.
How to Apply
Please visit the company website and login to apply.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application