The Cubist Business team manages all aspects of onboarding new quant trading teams and deployments of new trading strategies. The team also represents all Cubist Portfolio Managers (PMs) with external counterparties and is responsible for rates negotiations, quant research, and trading relationship management. General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Complete project lifecycle management, shortening new PM Teams’ time to market.
- Design PM research and trading solutions that adhere to firm standards.
- Educate PM Teams on Point72 operating procedures and technology integration.
- Lead new strategy rollout projects, working internally with Point72 Technology, Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Risk groups, and externally with Brokers, Exchanges, and Vendors.
- Provide day-to-day support for various operational procedures, such as broker data management, compliance monitoring, trading, and business continuity.
The person in this role must have a strong technical background as well strong project management skills and experience with day-to-day trading operations. He/she should have a good understanding of global market structure and electronic trading systems and have familiarity with trading rules and regulations. In addition to strong technical skills, the candidate must have excellent communication/interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team member, with external and internal counter parties, or independently. Familiarity with research and market data sources is a strong plus.
- This is a highly selective position. The ideal candidates will have a strong combination of software development skills, expertise in project management, and finance background.
- A BS or MS in finance, statistics, math, and engineering or computer science is strongly desired along with preferably 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must have the ability to independently manage multiple long-term and short-term projects under very tight project deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working experience with one of the Linux/Unix scripts. Perl, bash, and etc.
- Working experience with Linux/Windows Operating Systems and distributed storage solutions preferred. Familiarity with industry standards of server and storage hardware preferred.
- Working experience with C++, C#, or Java programming.
- Strong knowledge of SQL. Additional experience with database design is a plus.
- Our trading focuses on systematic trading in liquid instruments (to wit: global equities, futures and FX). Candidates with specific working experience and knowledge of market regulations in these areas will be strongly preferred.
Cubist Systematic Strategies is one of the world’s premier investment firms, deploying systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, driven by our passion to understand the world around us and fueled by unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sourc
How to Apply
Please send all resumes to email@example.com.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application