Winton is a renowned scientific research led investment management company. Our research function is home to exceptional scientists and the culture is more akin to academia than a traditional investment firm. The collective research effort is analogous to a major science project but also provides scope for individual talent to shine within a collaborative, commercial framework.
World of data – we store the billions of records that are created each day by thousands of markets – economic statistics, financial accounts, weather records, production and consumption statistics, demographic data, etc. Your role will be to present data as compelling, actionable, interactive visualizations.
Our in-house platform contains all the financial data gathered by the company since its foundation. Our management and researchers consume this data with a voracious appetite – one great visualization is more helpful than hundreds of tables. As the company’s first Data Visualization Designer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining dashboards and interactive data tools.
Good to have:
- Numerical competency
- Comfortable learning new technologies
- In-depth knowledge of HTML, CSS and SVG
- Portfolio of Data Visualization designs
- Understanding of efficent and effective visual communication with data
- Experience of working with corporate design aesthetics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and a willingness to collaborate and add value to the business
How to Apply
Please apply via the following link:https://www.wintoncapital.com/en/careers/opportunities/job-detail/og153fw9/data-visualization-designer-san-francisco
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application