HEDGE FUND ANALYST
GLOBAL ENERGY – ENERGY
Carlson Capital, L.P. is a multi-strategy, alternative asset management firm based in Dallas, Texas with office locations in New York, Greenwich, Houston, Palm Beach and London. We manage seven hedge fund groups with over $9.0 billion in assets under management. The firm was founded in October of 1993 by Clint Carlson. We have 173 employees. Our primary investment strategies include event-driven arbitrage, relative value arbitrage (long/short equity pairs), credit arbitrage and long/short equity thematic and energy. Carlson Capital is an intense and dynamic business environment that provides an individual with the opportunity to think creatively and act upon their ideas.
We are seeking an associate analyst for a position in our Dallas office on the Global Energy team that manages both an equity relative value and equity long/short portfolio. Currently the team manages $1.6 billion in global market value, however, we are in the process of raising additional capital for our Energy L/S fund. The team consists of four people and we are looking to add another associate analyst. The analyst will cover the industry broadly with a significant amount of time spent on E&P, oil field services, midstream as well as other sub-sectors that are tied to the industry. The portfolio manager is Rod Saddington. In addition to Mr. Saddington the analyst will also interface with John Ordway & Clint Carlson on energy ideas for the firm book. The individual will be required to:
- Build and maintain public market company models to assess the value of assets/companies.
- Analyze special situations in energy globally across energy, chemicals, coal and refining.
- Review specific private market energy opportunities.
- Maintain relevant spreadsheets and databases for the above sectors.
- Build a specific industry research effort, focusing on original research and direct contact with company management and industry sources.
- Monitor portfolio positions, assist in development of consensus opinion regarding those positions, and monitor changes in investor sentiment.
- Develop relationships with sell side analysts to stay current on consensus view.
- Effectively communicate opinions, new information and market developments to other PM’s and analyst.
The candidate must have strong analytical and Excel modeling skills. A long held passion for investing and the ability to communicate ideas and information effectively is critical. Specifically we require that the ideal candidate has:
- Two years of relevant work experience, but no more than four, this is an entry level analyst position. Such experience may include investment banking, sell-side research, and/or buy-side experience in public equity at leading firms.
- Experience following the energy industry is viewed favorably, but not a requirement.
- Preferably, the candidate would be ranked in the top of his or her peer group at current and former employers.
Competitive salary, discretionary based bonus and benefits offered.
Carlson Capital, L.P. is a multi-strategy, alternative asset management firm based in Dallas, Texas with office locations in New York, Greenwich, Houston, Palm Beach and London.
How to Apply
Apply online at Carlson Capital
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application