Opus Fund Services is a high growth, multi-award winning, global fund administration company currently seeking experienced professionals to join our team in Naperville, IL. We serve as the official books and records for hedge funds, fund of funds, and other financial vehicles, providing a wide variety of middle and back office services including independent valuations. You will be applying for a position with a global hedge fund administrator that has been recognized as the fastest growing admin, top-rated by its clients, and ranked #1 by leading industry publications HFM and Global Custodian. Most recently winning Best North American Fund Administrator by Hedge Week US.
We were established in Bermuda in 2006, subsequently expanding our footprint into the US with offices in Chicago, San Francisco, New York, Portland and most recently Dublin. Opus continues to grow, as evidenced by the recent establishment of a new operations center for internal processing in Manila, Philippines.
- Importing trades and cash activity into portfolio accounting software
- Importing prices from various market data providers to calculate a portfolio value – Posting corporate action activity such as Dividends and Stock Splits
- Reconciliation of Positions and Cash (accounting software compared to client accounts)
- Posting of journal entries
- Preparation of monthly financial statements
- Preparation of monthly investor statements
- Review of fund documents and subscription agreements
- Maintenance of investor profiles (contact info)
- Helping with new client implementations
- Testing of new software functionality success Developing new controls and process improvements.
The AVP play a critical role in developing controls and contributing to the efficiency of the team. This includes a review of the current control environment, assisting with documenting changes, working closely with the team lead and development group, and verifying the results. Managing the client relationship (30 to 40 clients) Reviewing and approving period-end NAV packages Produce NAV packages for Tier 1 clients Providing audit support and year-end financial statement preparation Ensuring timely delivery of key client deliverables such as period-end NAVs, audit requests, and GAAP Financials Corresponding with Operations,
Banking and Investor Relations to ensure all components of the NAV are moving forward Testing new software functionality as needed Acting as an SME for various Fund Accounting topics Developing new controls and process improvements. Training new and existing staff.
- You have at least 3 years of fund admin. or accounting experience. Fund accounting expedience preferred
- You are extremely self-motivated and take ultimate responsibility for your work
- You want to be part of an award-winning, fast-growing, and politics-free company that values its employees.
- You are customer service oriented.
- You have very advanced computer skills
- Understanding of financial reporting requirements preferred;
- Strong attention to detail with a focus on accuracy;
- Strong organizational skills with a focus on time management and meeting deadlines;
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity;
- Highly developed personal communication skills, both written and oral
CPA or CA is a big plus.
Bachelors degree in Accounting, finance or related.
Proven experience in calculating, reviewing and delivering NAV calculations within tight deadlines, and in-depth knowledge of NAV processes;
How to Apply
Please send resumes with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application