NY/London diversified alternative investment manager with over $7 billion assets under management is seeking a Global Interest Rates Portfolio Manager with at least five (5) years of portfolio management track record to join our investment risk-taking team. The Portfolio Manager will report to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and be based in our London office.
- Manage a dedicated capital allocation within firm’s global macro fund primarily investing in instruments that follow the rates of sovereign global debt.
- Oversee the buying and selling of investments with heavy emphasis on risk management, involving daily reconciliation of position risk exposures and interaction with the risk management team.
- Employ portfolio hedges of related macro risks as necessary.
- Facilitate and manage information flow/communication with counterparties.
- Liaise with centralized Macro Associate Portfolio Manager/Trading team to execute all trades.
- Collaborate with internal Strategy and Research team to discuss macro themes, investment ideas and relative value as well as offer feedback/input to portfolio valuation.
- Engage in quarterly performance and capital allocation review with the Investment Committee.
- Participate in meetings with existing and potential investors as needed.
- Work within a collaborative framework and participate in internal weekly meetings freely sharing developments, themes and investment ideas within the global macro landscape.
- Undergraduate degree.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ work experience on either buy/sell side with a minimum of five (5) years’ managing capital within Interest Rate Trading.
- Must have relevant experience managing at least $200mm capital exposure.
- Must have broad experience trading US Treasury instruments, European debt instruments as well as other developed and emerging nation government debt.
- Strong quantitative, analysis and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to provide concise, effective communication of investment themes/ideas to entire investment team within a highly collaborative culture.
- Ability to express and connect views through best risk-reward strategy with consideration to overall portfolio construction.
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate a successful, repeatable investment process.
How to Apply
If interested, please submit your application directly on our Careers Website here.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application