A midtown Manhattan based credit hedge fund with approximately $11.5 B in AUM is seeking an operations associate to join its team. This position reports to the Director of Hedge Fund Operations, working closely with other members of the hedge fund operations team in order to support the many various processing requirements of the investment strategy.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Daily cash and position reconciliation with custodians and prime brokers
- Monitor daily account activity at custodians and prime brokers
- Reconciliation and monitoring of open trades
- Responding to prime broker margin and funding calls
- Responding to inquiries from clients, custodians, and administrators
- Communicating with counterparties and agent banks
- Prepare various daily reports for use by operations and investment teams
- Assist with trade bookings, confirmations, allocations and settlements
- Database reconciliation and updates
- Minimum of 2-4 years of previous experience in financial operations or accounting roles at a bank, asset manager, or fund administrator.
- Highly organized with a working knowledge of the functions and life-cycles of different investment products, such as: bonds, bank loans, swaps, options, and equities.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Advent Geneva, Black Mountain, and Elektra products are a plus.
- Prior fixed income operations (Buy or Sell-side) is a plus.
- The ideal candidate is particularly attentive to details, analytical, organized and can handle stressful situations with ease.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
How to Apply
This is a fantastic opportunity to grow with an outstanding asset management company with unlimited upside potential. If you are interested, please email your resume to email@example.com
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application