About Man Group
Man Group is an active investment management firm focused on delivering performance and client portfolio solutions through its five investment management businesses: Man AHL; Man Numeric; Man GLG; Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets.
Man Group’s investment management businesses provide long-only, alternative and private markets products on a single and multi-manager basis, leveraging the firm’s robust infrastructure to provide a diverse range of strategies across investment approaches, styles and asset classes.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. As at 30 June 2017, Man Group’s funds under management were $95.9 billion.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
About Man FRM
Man FRM is a hedge fund investment specialist, providing investment and advisory services. The firm was founded in 1991 and acquired by Man Group in 2012.
Man FRM has an open architecture, full service hedge fund platform including commingled fund of hedge funds, customised and advisory solutions and outsourced research and consulting, all which may be enhanced by the firm’s managed account platform.
Man FRM’s over 40 research and investment professionals are based in London, New York, Tokyo, Guernsey and Pfaeffikon. As at 30 June 2017, Man FRM’s funds under management were $16.2 billion. Further information can be found at www.frmhedge.com.
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
Man Group also supports many charities and initiatives through the Man Charitable Trust, which aims to create positive change by supporting charitable organisations that focus on raising levels of literacy and numeracy in the UK and by offering employees opportunities to invest their time and expertise in charitable initiatives. Employees are offered two ‘ManKind’ days of paid leave per year that can be used as part of the Man Charitable Trust’s community volunteering programme or in support of any other charity/not-for-profit organisation.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees’ extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.
Man Group employees receive a daily food allowance, which can be used in our staff restaurant. The restaurant has several theatre-style cooking stations, a sandwich bar and a coffee shop (all of which can cater to special dietary requirements), and free fruit is available from the kitchens on each floor. We also have a subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme with a wide range of discounts, all of which help us to ensure that the firm is a great place to work.
In addition, Man Group sponsors the Man Booker literary prizes and hosts several internal events with the authors to celebrate these awards. The prizes underscore Man Group’s charitable focus on literacy and education and together with the wider charitable activities of the Booker Prize Foundation, the prize plays an important role in promoting literary excellence on a global scale that the firm is honoured to support.
Purpose of the role
To work alongside the Assistant to the CIO and COO to provide team support for Man FRM.
- Ensure the smooth running of the office day to day
- Coordinate meetings and conference calls: Invites, room bookings, catering, AV/IT equipment
- Arrange domestic and international travel: flights, cars, accommodation, visas, itineraries
- General administrative tasks: data entry, monitor travel budget, process expenses and invoices, sort post, manage subscriptions
- Organise quarterly social events
- Assist with general office projects and administrative queries
- Support with document assembly and distribution
- Ad hoc PowerPoint presentation/Excel spreadsheet construction
- Serve as backup for other Assistants as needed
- Previous experience working as a Team Assistant or in a Client Service role ideally from a blue chip organisation
- IT literate and highly proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise competing demands
- Strong team player and good communicator who takes pride in providing the utmost service
- Detail orientated with a helpful disposition and a thoughtful and proactive approach to work
- Enthusiasm and drive
- High level of discretion
This role would suit someone with proven experience as a Team Assistant who is looking to join a leading FTSE250 firm in a varied position that will offer exposure not only across the whole of Man FRM but also their global counterparts in New York and Pfaeffikon.
How to Apply
Please apply through the below link
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application