About Man Group
Man Group is an active investment management firm focused on delivering performance and client portfolio solutions through its five investment management businesses: Man AHL; Man Numeric; Man GLG; Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets.
Man Group’s investment management businesses provide long-only, alternative and private markets products on a single and multi-manager basis, leveraging the firm’s robust infrastructure to provide a diverse range of strategies across investment approaches, styles and asset classes.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. As at 30 June 2017, Man Group’s funds under management were $95.9 billion.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
About Man GLG
Man GLG is a discretionary fund manager offering absolute return and long-only strategies across asset classes, sectors & regions. The firm was established in 1995 and acquired by Man Group in 2010.
Man GLG’s culture is based on fostering leading investment talent within a collaborative environment and its portfolio managers are unconstrained by a house view.
The majority of Man GLG’s over 140 investment professionals are based in London, and it also has investment teams in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Pf ffikon. As at 30 June 2017, Man GLG’s funds under management were $31.2 billion. Further information can be found at www.glgpartners.com.
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
Man Group also supports many charities and initiatives through the Man Charitable Trust, which aims to create positive change by supporting charitable organisations that focus on raising levels of literacy and numeracy in the UK and by offering employees opportunities to invest their time and expertise in charitable initiatives. Employees are offered two ‘ManKind’ days of paid leave per year that can be used as part of the Man Charitable Trust’s community volunteering programme or in support of any other charity/not-for-profit organisation.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees’ extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.
Man Group employees receive a daily food allowance, which can be used in our staff restaurant. The restaurant has several theatre-style cooking stations, a sandwich bar and a coffee shop (all of which can cater to special dietary requirements), and free fruit is available from the kitchens on each floor. We also have a subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme with a wide range of discounts, all of which help us to ensure that the firm is a great place to work.
In addition, Man Group sponsors the Man Booker literary prizes and hosts several internal events with the authors to celebrate these awards. The prizes underscore Man Group’s charitable focus on literacy and education and together with the wider charitable activities of the Booker Prize Foundation, the prize plays an important role in promoting literary excellence on a global scale that the firm is honoured to support.
Purpose of the role
The key function is to provide effective administrative, professional and personal support to the UK Portfolio Management team, and full support for the European Portfolio Management administrator and teams as required.
For UK Portfolio Management and European Portfolio Management teams as required:
- Full PA support, including extensive diary management, organising meetings and conference calls which are internal and external (coordinating team diaries, actively managing meetings, room bookings, production of agendas, distribution of meeting materials, arranging conference lines, organising VC/AV equipment and catering if required)
- General administrative tasks including arranging couriers, sorting post, screening calls and taking messages, filing, ordering stationery and dealing with telephone queries
- Travel arrangements (tickets, accommodation, taxis, meetings, itineraries and expenses) in line with Global Expense Policy
- Organisation of meetings and training sessions with respect to rolling out new systems on the trading floor
- Collating daily trade ideas from our internal Alpha Capture system
- Significant previous experience as Team Assistant within a blue chip environment ideally on a trading floor
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to prioritise competing demands, multi-task and service multiple managers/stakeholders
- Team player
- Innovative, creative, resourceful, resilient and a self-starter
- High levels of discretion
- IT literate and highly proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
How to Apply
Please apply using the following link
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application