About Man Group
Man Group is an active investment management firm focused on delivering performance and client portfolio solutions through its five investment management businesses: Man AHL; Man Numeric; Man GLG; Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets.
Man Group’s investment management businesses provide long-only, alternative and private markets products on a single and multi-manager basis, leveraging the firm’s robust infrastructure to provide a diverse range of strategies across investment approaches, styles and asset classes.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. As at 30 June 2017, Man Group’s funds under management were $95.9 billion.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
About Man Global Private Markets
Man Global Private Markets (‘Man GPM’) focuses on assets within private markets. Launched by Man Group in 2017, Man GPM will over time develop strategies across private markets including real estate, credit, and infrastructure.
The addition of private markets strategies to Man Group’s product range expands the firm’s expertise beyond long-only and alternative investment strategies to less liquid asset classes. Man GPM seeks to provide truly differentiated return streams that may not be available on public markets for our clients, leveraging Man Group’s global infrastructure and resources.
As at 30 June 2017, Man GPM’s funds under management were $2.0 billion. Further information can be found at www.man.com/gpm.
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
Man Group also supports many charities and initiatives through the Man Charitable Trust, which aims to create positive change by supporting charitable organisations that focus on raising levels of literacy and numeracy in the UK and by offering employees opportunities to invest their time and expertise in charitable initiatives. Employees are offered two ‘ManKind’ days of paid leave per year that can be used as part of the Man Charitable Trust’s community volunteering programme or in support of any other charity/not-for-profit organisation.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees’ extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.
Man Group employees receive a daily food allowance, which can be used in our staff restaurant. The restaurant has several theatre-style cooking stations, a sandwich bar and a coffee shop (all of which can cater to special dietary requirements), and free fruit is available from the kitchens on each floor. We also have a subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme with a wide range of discounts, all of which help us to ensure that the firm is a great place to work.
In addition, Man Group sponsors the Man Booker literary prizes and hosts several internal events with the authors to celebrate these awards. The prizes underscore Man Group’s charitable focus on literacy and education and together with the wider charitable activities of the Booker Prize Foundation, the prize plays an important role in promoting literary excellence on a global scale that the firm is honoured to support.
Purpose of the role
A key member of Man GPM Aalto’s Real Estate Debt team, responsible for originating/underwriting and executing European Real Estate debt transactions
- Developing and cultivating relationships with the relevant financial sponsors
- Lead on the execution and underwriting of deals with responsibility for due diligence, financial modelling, structuring and the negotiation of documentation
- The individual will have responsibility for overseeing and monitoring the portfolio of previously closed transactions
- Significant Real Estate Debt experience
- Strong credit and execution skills, having previously overseen the execution of a number of deals
- Robust network across the relevant financial sponsors and advisors in Europe and a demonstrable deal origination track record
- Solid quantitative, analytical and financial modelling skills
- To be successful in this role it is crucial for the individual to be entrepreneurial, highly commercial and possess a proactive, tenacious work ethic
- Team player with demonstrable interpersonal skills and possess the ability to forge strong industry and internal partnerships
- The individual will have progressed through the ranks of their current firm / previous firms and will be well regarded by their peer group, as well as the broader market place
- The individual will most likely be currently operating in a similar capacity in a bank with an active real estate finance team, or within a debt fund where they have focused on the real estate sector
How to Apply
Please apply through the below link
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application