The Manager of Hedge Fund Administration is primarily responsible for ensuring the daily, weekly, and monthly Net Asset Valuation (NAV) including cash and portfolio reconciliations are completed accurately for the Alternative Investment Portfolios within Gemini Hedge Fund Services, LLC (“GHF”), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC (“NorthStar”). The Team Leader of Fund Administrator is also responsible for Alternative Investment Portfolios with a greater degree of complexity. This position performs income/expense accruals, and preparation of Partner/Shareholder Allocation calculations which include incentive and management fee calculations. Verifies month end market prices for all open positions. This position performs duties including the development and performance of team members and the processes used by them. Perform daily tasks which hold the team members accountable for their work.
• Provides leadership and guidance to Fund Administrators in the Alternative Investment Group
• Works with fund administrators to ensure daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines are met
STATEMENTS AND RECORDS
• Prepares monthly and quarterly statements
• Prepares and/or review of annual financial statements
• Maintains books and records of alternative investment funds including valuations and calculations incentive and management fees
• Prepares and maintain custody files for Gemini clients
TEAM PERFORMANCE AND DEVELOPMENT
• Assists in interviews and decision making process for new hires
• Accountable for all decisions regarding employment, performance evaluations, training, corrective actions and salary recommendations
• Conducts one-on-one meetings with employees on a regular basis
• Provides input for the performance reviews for the Fund Administrators
• Communicates ideas and contribute to the development of the department
• Assists in training the new employees in the Alternative Investment Group
• Reviews valuation packages before administrators send to clients
• Prepares various financial reporting packages for investor relations
• Interfaces with portfolio managers and investment professionals regarding investments in underlying funds and fund of fund vehicles
• Prepares partnership allocations
• Interacts with outside auditors and tax advisors in completion of year-end audits and tax returns
• Assists in problem resolution
• Works on special projects such as fund conversions and setting up new funds
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Regular contact with clients, auditors and 3rd party vendors regarding fund performance-related questions, reporting, audits etc.
• Knowledge of SEC, IRS, and general ledger accounting requirements and laws as they apply to investment companies, Trusts, Partnerships and other fund structures
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Effective problem solving skills
• Careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to reach goals and deadlines
• Financial products knowledge
• Understanding of various methods for the calculation of incentive and management fees
• Previous exposure to futures, forwards, swaps, options, fixed income and equities
• Ability to manage and motivate a team of employees
• Minimum of 5 years of fund accounting experience in a Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund Administrator, Mutual Fund or other financial institution required
• Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience as a Senior Admin – Alternative Investments required
• Prior experience working with Bloomberg and IDC required
• Partnership allocation experience along with knowledge of management and incentive fees calculations required
• Financial statement preparation experience preferred
• Public accounting experience preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
How to Apply
Visit the NorthStar Financial Careers web site here.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application