Man Group is one of the world’s largest independent alternative investment managers, and a leader in liquid investment strategies. Across its four investment managers (Man AHL, Man FRM, Man GLG and Man Numeric), Man Group has diverse hedge fund strategies and long only products spanning equity, credit, managed futures, convertibles, emerging markets and multi-manager solutions. At 31 March 2016, Man Group’s funds under management were $78.6 billion.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
The main purpose of the role is to help maintain the integrity of Man Group’s Control Environment. Activity will involve managing risk registers (RCSA), monitoring key controls performance and risk aligned KRIs, quality assurance and testing, management reporting and ongoing controls enhancement. The successful candidate will be required to manage specific deliverables while contributing to the wider Business Operational Risk team delivery programme.
- Support the Operational Risk Manager with the management and development of the Financial Controls Framework
- Risk management facilitate and challenge ongoing RCSA reviews, facilitate/document event reporting, develop controls, design and monitor KRIs and conduct quality assurance
- Monitoring manage ongoing monitoring controls around Control certification, providing guidance to owners and escalating where appropriate
- Controls testing perform preliminary controls testing, log actions and monitor remediation activity as part of control testing
- Controls assurance work alongside the Business Operation Risk Manager to manage programme of assurance activity including: monthly controls testing, controls recertification, spreadsheet management (EUC) and, process flow documentation
- Reporting preparation of management reporting content for internal operational risk governance meetings
- Project work specific project work to enhance control environment and assist in close out of audit points
- Meetings attend relevant meetings and committees and provide relevant feedback/opinion and follow up on actions
- On-going ad hoc duties as required to support the Head of Business Operational Risk
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- 1-3 years’ Operational Risk experience in the Finance industry (background in accounting would be beneficial)
- Working knowledge of operational risk methodologies, principles and required controls
- Strong MS Office skills in particular Excel
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to challenge business stakeholders objectively
- Able to breakdown complex/intricate issues/situations in a logical manner with a clear head
How to Apply
Please visit the company website and login to apply.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application