About Man Group
Man Group is an active investment management firm focused on delivering performance and client portfolio solutions through its five investment management businesses: Man AHL; Man Numeric; Man GLG; Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets.
Man Group’s investment management businesses provide long-only, alternative and private markets products on a single and multi-manager basis, leveraging the firm’s robust infrastructure to provide a diverse range of strategies across investment approaches, styles and asset classes.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. As at 30 June 2017, Man Group’s funds under management were $95.9 billion.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
Work-Life Balance and Benefits at Man
Man Group is committed to providing the best working environment possible for all its employees and, as such, we support professional training and development as well as requests for flexible or part-time working.
Man Group also supports many charities and initiatives through the Man Charitable Trust, which aims to create positive change by supporting charitable organisations that focus on raising levels of literacy and numeracy in the UK and by offering employees opportunities to invest their time and expertise in charitable initiatives. Employees are offered two ‘ManKind’ days of paid leave per year that can be used as part of the Man Charitable Trust’s community volunteering programme or in support of any other charity/not-for-profit organisation.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical cover, discounted gym membership, on-site health assessments and on-site flu vaccinations. To support our employees’ extracurricular interests, we have a music room with a piano and guitars that can be booked by anyone, and we also offer lessons on-site.
Man Group employees receive a daily food allowance, which can be used in our staff restaurant. The restaurant has several theatre-style cooking stations, a sandwich bar and a coffee shop (all of which can cater to special dietary requirements), and free fruit is available from the kitchens on each floor. We also have a subsidised in-house bar and an employee discount scheme with a wide range of discounts, all of which help us to ensure that the firm is a great place to work.
In addition, Man Group sponsors the Man Booker literary prizes and hosts several internal events with the authors to celebrate these awards. The prizes underscore Man Group’s charitable focus on literacy and education and together with the wider charitable activities of the Booker Prize Foundation, the prize plays an important role in promoting literary excellence on a global scale that the firm is honoured to support.
Purpose of the role
To work within the First Line of Defence to develop and embed Man Group’s risk management framework and promote Operational Risk management across the Group. This includes owning the day to day Operational Risk interface with the business for agreed areas covering functions from the Front Office through to Infrastructure and Corporate teams across the whole of Man Group.
The role holder will be a primary contact for Operational Risk Management for their allocated areas and is expected to build and maintain relationships to achieve this. The role holder will also own the Fund Board Reporting Process to provide periodic updates to Fund Boards on key risk matters.
Exposure is wide across the business including senior stakeholders.
- Review, challenge, documentation and presentation of Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSA)
- Ownership of the Fund Board Reporting process
- Ensure risk identification and mitigation by the First Line through management and review of the operational event reporting and KRI processes
- Produce concise Management Information, materials and summaries covering significant risk issues for the Group’s principal risk and governance committees. Attend and present operational risk information at relevant risk and governance committees
- Perform on-going due diligence on service providers
- Act as a key liaison between the Business and Internal and External Audit
- Assist in the maintenance and the enhancement of Man’s Operational Risk System
- Perform thematic risk reviews and projects to enhance business processes and the control framework as required
- Perform policy updates and reviews as required
- Ah-hoc duties and project work to support the wider Business Operational Risk team, Head of Business Operational Risk and Business as a whole
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience with 2years+ Operational Risk experience, preferably from an Asset Management/Financial Services background
- Knowledge of operational risk methodologies, principles and internal controls
- Ability to produce and present high quality focused material for Group risk and governance committees and to senior management
- Capable of managing multiple responsibilities, meeting tight deadlines and overcoming barriers to success, strong facilitation and negotiation skills; able to achieve success by influence
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Effective project management and implementation skills
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels across the business
- Ability to challenge business stakeholders objectively and effectively
- Aptitude to break down complex issues into tasks and deal with them in a logical manner
This is an excellent opportunity to your build and develop Operational Risk skills within one of the world’s leading alterative investment management firms and offers exposure to all areas of the business including senior stakeholders.
How to Apply
Please apply by following the below link
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application