The PM or Analyst will cover a specified list of telecom and media related companies situated primarily in North America and Europe. The potential coverage universe is broadly defined and has in the past included banks and Insurance companies, mortgage insurers, specialty consumer and commercial finance, mortgage originators and servicers, homebuilders, building products, REITs, hospital companies and lodging.
A successful candidate should be able to perform fundamental credit analysis, including analysis of balance sheets and capital structure. The candidate must also demonstrate a complete understanding, or the willingness and ability to learn, applicable telecom and media sector regulatory regimes. The candidate must also have strong presentation skills and the ability to pitch original investment ideas to the portfolio manager.
- Will join the Carlson Capital, LP Credit Relative Value portfolio as sector portfolio manager or analyst.
- Manage a specific industry coverage universe focusing on original investment research with input from original sources, company management, sell-side sources, third party research firms, and other sources within and external to Carlson Capital, LP.
- Understand the credit relative value framework and present investment ideas for inclusion in the portfolio formulated in accordance with investment guidelines.
- Build and maintain decision support tools such as valuation models and databases, scenario analysis, and textual documentation for the purpose of assisting and contributing to the inclusion of specific investments into the Credit Relative Value portfolio.
- Develop and maintain relationships with sell-side analysts and other buy-side investors for the purpose of improving investment idea generation.
- Effectively communicate ideas to the Portfolio Manager and other Analysts in both verbal and written form.
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus offered
- Life, health and dental insurance as well as flex spending
- 401k account if applicable
- Free lunch daily
- Strong analytical skills and facility with Excel modeling.
- Strong verbal and written skills to articulate investment ideas.
- An understanding of basic fundamental credit and valuation methodology and the ability to apply those frameworks to new situations are critical to success.
- Ability, and willingness, to work on a variety of financial and real estate sector credits while applying a consistent analytical framework.
- Exposure and experience applying credit-analytic methodologies across a variety of firms and sectors.
- Knowledge of financial sector bank balance sheet analysis, some degree of bank accounting concepts, and prior experience with financial sector capital and regulatory frameworks are a plus, but are not initially required.
- At least three (3) years’ experience as a fundamental credit analyst either at a sell-side organization or at another investment fund.
- The position is located in New York City at the offices of Carlson Capital, LP.
How to Apply
Upload cover letter and resume to www.carlsoncapital.com/careers/
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application