The Product Management Vice President will play a key role working in conjunction with the Alcentra’s Product Management and Sales teams, Investor Relations, Portfolio Managers, Research Analysts, Legal/Compliance teams, and BNY Mellon distribution groups to support and develop Alcentra’s growing business.
The Vice President is be expected to be a knowledge resource in particular Alcentra investment strategies and products to drive critical aspects of marketing/fund raising, performance and attribution reporting, and investor relations across a wide range of globally offered commingled funds, private equity funds, hedge funds, UCIT funds, and customized separate accounts.
The position reports to the Global Co-Heads of Product Management.
- Serve as a knowledge resource with respect to Alcentra’s investment strategies, markets, products, and competitors for Alcentra/BNYM Sales, investors, and prospective investors;
- Manage the creation and maintenance of client marketing materials including marketing presentations, fact sheets, due diligence questionnaires, and tailored proposals;
- Develop fund performance analytics, asset class analysis, and competitive product analysis/positioning;
- Oversee the production and distribution of monthly and quarterly performance reporting (e.g. attribution reports) and communications for funds and separately managed accounts;
- Participate in the preparation and delivery of investor Request for Proposals (RFPs);
- Develop and maintain qualitative and quantitative fund and firm information in investment consultant databases and datarooms;
- Participate in the development of new products and strategies and processes/procedures to enhance team efficiency.
- Partner with Investor Relations to develop timely, robust, and properly positioned responses to investors including ongoing due diligence questionnaires, account reviews, and periodic performance updates;
- Bachelor’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree in finance or finance-related field, and/or CFA or CAIA preferred;
- Approximately 5-8 years of relevant experience in the Asset Management field; experience in sub-investment grade credit strategies (public and private) a significant plus in addition to experience with a range of fund structures e.g. commingled, private equity, hedge fund, UCIT, exchange listed;
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint required; fluency with portfolio risk/return concepts and experience with Zephyr/eVestment or similar applications a plus;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, experience interacting with world class institutional investors;
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to detail;
- Ability to manage and mentor junior team members as a player-coach preferred;
- Flexible, team player able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines in a collegial, high performance environment.
Alcentra is a leading, global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt markets. With assets under management of approximately $28 billion, Alcentra employs over 125 people, including more than 60 investment professionals.
Alcentra has an investment track record dating back to 2002 and alternative fixed income strategies that include US and European senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, structured credit, and multi-strategy credit.
Our investors include leading global pension funds, insurance companies, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, banks, and high net worth individuals.
Alcentra is owned by BNY Mellon Corporation and is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, and Boston and local presence in Singapore and Hong Kong. Please visit our website at www.alcentra.com for more information
How to Apply
Please submit resumes to Dan Hudson, Recruiting Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application