About Man Group
Man Group is one of the world’s largest independent alternative investment managers, and a leader in liquid investment strategies. Across its four investment managers (Man AHL, Man FRM, Man GLG and Man Numeric), Man Group has diverse hedge fund strategies and long only products spanning equity, credit, managed futures, convertibles, emerging markets and multi-manager solutions. At 31 March 2016, Man Group’s funds under management were $78.6 billion.
The original business was founded in 1783. Today, Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.L and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index.
Man Group also supports many awards, charities and initiatives around the world, including sponsorship of the Man Booker literary prizes. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
Man’s business principles distil and define our key priorities, focus and culture:
Performance: First, foremost and always, we focus on delivering superior risk adjusted performance
Clients: Our clients are at the heart of everything we do
Excellence: Good is not enough, we strive to be excellent in all we do
Responsibility: We always do the right thing and conduct our business with the highest standards of integrity
Differentiation: We seek to be differentiated and original in our thinking
Meritocracy: We succeed through talent, commitment, diligence and teamwork
Purpose of the role
The primary purpose of this role is to identify and cultivate institutional sales prospects from the Nordic countries, with an emphasis on Denmark. The successful individual will work alongside senior members of the Nordics and Benelux Sales team.
- Identify, develop and maintain effective professional relationships with key investment contacts among the institutional investor base (Pension Funds and Insurance companies) and financial institutions (Banks and Platforms). Structured management of designated accounts: this will involve prioritisation of accounts, research, prospecting through cold and warm calls, scheduling meetings and initiating discussions with prospects to identify their strategic and tactical aims and introducing possible investment solutions (including bespoke solutions) provided by Man Group; involve and engage senior colleagues and senior management in these discussions where appropriate; close on opportunities
- Contribute to the development of the overall institutional business development strategy and help to implement the direct sales strategy – achieving personal sales target within the timescales set
- Conduct effective, professional presentations on the agreed product range to investment officers/pension fund managers/trustees/field consultants and independent advisors/broader institutional market in a manner that supports business objectives and delivers clear, concise and relevant information
- Carry out finals presentations in conjunction with Portfolio Managers
- Manage on-going relationships with new and existing clients
- Organise and implement entertainment and external events such as seminars for prospects and attend relevant industry events in line with the event agenda agreed by the team
- Maintain contact tracking information for all key contacts so that accurate, up-to-date information is stored regarding these contacts. Ensure that all meeting notes are accurately written up in a timely manner
- Manage internal contacts to support sales activity and provide feedback on market and prospect knowledge to support and develop business strategy
- Report on all activity to senior management in an agreed format and within established timeframes
- Danish national/native speaker
- Good knowledge of financial markets and ties with Danish institutional investors and/or financial institutions
- A demonstrable sales track record, either working in an Investment Bank or for an Asset
- Manager (either long only or hedge)
- Specific knowledge of Credit markets and/or Long Only funds preferred
- Technical knowledge of investment theory and practice across asset classes, with a preference for prior alternatives experience
- Strong academics from a leading university
- Ability to work independently with a high level of organisation, personal initiative and resilience yet a proven ability to work well in a team
- Influencing and distinctive communication skills
- Ability to work in a pressurised and complex organisation whilst maintaining personal integrity and exhibiting good team behaviour at all times
- Experience in working with and knowledge of institutions in other Nordic countries is a plus, especially Norway
How to Apply
Please visit the company website and login to apply.
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application