The Senior Platform Strategist is responsible for driving BlackRock’s Multi Asset businesses in Germany, Austria and Eastern Europe. Working in close partnership with our local distribution teams, the individual needs to be the investment voice of our multi asset teams, in local language, with local clients.
We expect this individual to represent our core franchises in the region (which are typically managed in London, New York, Princeton or San Francisco). In addition, over time, we expect this individual to source mandates with local characteristics for investment management in Germany as capabilities develop.
Represent Core MAS franchises in Region
- Grow BlackRock’s multi asset business in Germany by providing local language, regional Platform Strategist support to a small number of locally relevant Pooled Multi Asset Franchises
- Act as a local language Platform Strategist for the focus Multi Asset Investment franchises for the German Retail Distribution team. Maintain a strong understanding of the investment philosophy, investment process, investment and risk positioning, and product suite so as to be as an expert representative of a sub set of MAS capabilities to internal and external clients (in a first phase these capabilities are likely to be Global Allocation, Global Multi Asset Income and European Select Strategies – but this list will evolve over time).
- Agree a strategy with each lead franchise strategist, and each channel for each franchise to ensure clear approach and clear objectives (e.g., senior fund selectors are likely to require access to the central portfolio Management team and Product Strategists; distribution audiences would be highly reliant on the Local Platform Product Strategist)
- Form and maintain an excellent relationships with BlackRock’s Client Business in Germany to achieve sales strategy
Drive new lines of local business
- BlackRock has ambitions to develop a significant business in Germany in addition to the core pooled franchises – this requires BlackRock to become more “local” – developing bespoke products and services that appeal to the specificities of the German market.
- This role will support the channel in developing outsourced and Institutional multi asset business. In particular this role will explore client investment needs, then work with the central investment teams in order to deliver localized relevant investment solutions.
- In addition we envisage that local investment capabilities will be added over time – this individual would be a the Lead Strategist and a strong advocate and representative of these capabilities
Build the brand of BlackRock Multi Asset in region
- Partner with Client Business to complete a wide variety of client requests; ensure a superior level of client service
- Work with the Country BlackRock Investment Institute representative and other local investment professionals to create thought pieces and locally relevant product commentaries.
- Work with local communications professionals to develop and execute a communications strategy for MAS in region.
- Native German speaker. Excellent English (oral and written) also required.
- BA/BSc, with strong quantitative skills. MBA/MS and/or CFA preferred
- Strong investment acumen – strong understanding of macro narrative; ability to understand multi asset portfolios at an instrument level, and at a risk exposure level.
- Highly commercial – ability to build and execute on commercial plans – working closely with Sales team partners
- Strong communications skills (oral and written). Ability to drive business through effective communication. Ability to tailor messages to audience (for example working at a highly sophisticated investment level for a CIO, and a more simplified level for an advisory audience)
- Strong experience and network in the German Retail Funds Market, and the German market for wealth management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in intense team environments and effectively coordinate with internal colleagues and external constituencies
- Experience from global/matrix organization will be advantage
- Excellent experience from buy side Product Strategy preferred
How to Apply
Please email Catrine.email@example.com
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application