Due to continued expansion in the Asia Pacific region, we are seeking to hire an ambitious Business Development professional to be based in our Tokyo office. The Tokyo Business Development team within the Investment Solutions division plays an integral role in helping to grow our business in Japan. The successful candidate will have substantial contact with institutional clients, as well as internal areas of the firm, including research, engineering, structuring, investor services, legal and compliance.
- Execute the business development strategy to manage and develop the growth of business for financial institutions, pension funds and distributors.
- Analyse the market and draw business strategies for Winton’s long only equity business expansion in the region.
- Maintenance of existing relationships with investors in the region.
- Work with senior colleagues to create a strategic business plan to drive new business expansion initiatives.
- Frequent travel to educate distributors as well as planning road shows for senior management.
- Conduct market and business analysis as well as competitor intelligence gathering in support of product development efforts.
- Create and translate materials for Japanese clients.
- Advanced use of CRM.
Winton provides an exceptional compensation structure, a generous benefits package, and the training required to excel while serving in an exciting research-driven, quantitative finance environment.
Minimum of 5 experience in financial institutions covering Japanese clients.
Previous experience raising assets from Japanese clients and/or selling funds to clients in Japan.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Team player who proactively shares information and tasks with other team members.
Strong organisation skills, attention to detail and capable of meeting tough deadlines.
Strong work ethic, self-starter and confident.
Fluency in Japanese and English is essential.
Current financial and regulatory awareness.
How to Apply
Please quote the "HFM Jobs Board" in the subject line of your application