Date: 24 October 2017
Venue: The American Club, The Town Club, Exchange Square
- Save for later 3109
24 October 2017
Featuring a panel-led discussion and informal networking, the briefing is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, whilst meeting with your industry peers and connecting with new business contacts.
Mifid II: The road to compliance and the impact on Asia’s hedge fund industry
Discussion points include:
– The EU’s Mifid II directive is having a direct and indirect impact on many Asia-based managers. Who is going to be impacted and how? What does this mean practically for firms?
– How have managers been negotiating research pricing with investment banks and other research vendors and what will your peers be paying for research? How much should it cost to buy in specific tech, IT, reporting, and recording services? What can be done in-house? What options are available?
– How are banks operating in Asia being impacted by Mifid II and what might this mean for managers in the region?
– Are investors likely to want the same Mifid II standards around research payments, best execution, and transparency to be adopted by managers globally over time? How strongly might investors push for such an approach in Asia? Will Mifid II simply become best practice globally? Will all investors and regulators eventually expect these standards?
Jeb Altonaga, COO & & Head of Business Development, Sandon Capital
Marie Gervacio, executive director, EY
Michelle Lloyd, head of Irish desk, Asia, Maples and Calder
Paul Moloney, partner, Eversheds
Moderator: Derek McGibney, Director, Cordium
08:30 Registration & networking breakfast
09:15 Panel discussion
The America Club, The Town Club, Floor 48-49, Two Exchange Square, Central, Hong Kong
Directions can be found here.
The event is FREE to attend for existing named HFM members and trial users.
Not an HFM member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
– Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
– Exclusive access to all of our monthly breakfast briefings
– Invitations to our collection of other events including awards, summits, dinners and webinars.
– Six specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
– Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.
If you are not a named member, have already had a trial but would like to attend this event, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: this event is not open to any members of the press unless agreed in advance with the organisers.