Date: 13 September 2017
Venue: 41 Portland Place, London, W1B 1QH
- Save for later 2580
13 September 2017
Join HFM for our upcoming workshop on Wednesday 13 September at 41 Portland Place, London.
This free to attend morning event is held exclusively for senior hedge fund professionals in technology, compliance and risk.
The half-day workshop is designed to offer industry insight into the latest in the IT requirements surrounding Mifid II implementation and best practice techniques for managing infrastructure across hybrid platforms.
08:45 Registration, tea & coffee
09:30 Roundtable one: The impact of Mifid II on the role of the CTO – are you ready?
10:30 Breakout – tea, coffee & biscuits
11:00 Roundtable two: Exploring multi-cloud options & incoming GDPR regulations
12.00 Breakout for lunch
13:00 Event closes
Roundtable one: The impact of Mifid II on the role of the CTO – are you ready?
Ken Ginsburg, partner & COO, Kola Capital
– How is Mifiid II changing the role of the CTO? Are the requirements clear?
– Are IT teams being consulted? What solutions are CTOs/Head of IT putting in place? Are you expanding your team to best prepare yourselves?
– Are IT teams being allocated additional budget to cope with the increased data storage costs? Will everyone be ready in time, and where are your priorities lying in the final few months before the regulation deadline?
– Call and voice recording requirements – do these fall under your remit or your COOs? How are you working with other C-suite team members to ensure all technology-related issues are covered?
– Is trade reconstruction being viewed as a technology problem or a process issue? How closely aligned to compliance are the technology team? Can the problem be outsourced?
Roundtable two: Exploring data hosting options & incoming GDPR regulations
Simon Bowie-Britton, CTO, WyeTree Asset Management
– Is the usage of multiple cloud systems inevitable? What kind of framework should funds be using to evaluate the most appropriate platforms for their application/functionality needs?
– Once vehicles and vendors have been selected – how are teams ensuring security/compliance/performance is consistent across a multiplatform estate?
– Are there ‘single pain of glass’ toolsets? Are there vendor management platforms, and are the services they offer adequate?
– How might regulation such as the incoming GDPR regulations affect the way you store data in the cloud?
– How are you preparing your systems for this regulation, and are there any challenges your finding in the run-up to the deadline? Are there any potentially costly elements to the regulation which concern you?
– How can you ensure multi-cloud platforms work best for your fund’s structure considering the incoming regulations funds will need to comply with, and increased focused on data protection?
Please note: this workshop is strictly by invitation only to a select group of senior executives from hedge funds.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Orlanda Sharp to apply for a place on the workshop:
T: +44 20 7832 6641
In partnership with: