HFM & LRI Group workshop – US Managers: How to access capital and market funds in Europe
Get the lowdown on forming and operating a UCITS and AIF vehicle in this workshop designed specifically for US-based hedge fund managers
Date: 05 October 2017
Venue: Yale Club, 50 Vanderbilt Ave, New York, NY 10017
You cannot register for this event.
Add to Calendar
10/05/2017 America/New_YorkHFM & LRI Group workshop – US Managers: How to access capital and market funds in EuropeGet the lowdown on forming and operating a UCITS and AIF vehicle in this workshop designed specifically for US-based hedge fund managers
Yale Club, 50 Vanderbilt Ave, New York, NY 10017trueMM/DD/YYYY
Join HFM for our upcoming workshop on Thursday October 5 at the Yale Club, New York.
This free to attend morning event is held exclusively for hedge fund managers. The half-day workshop is designed to help you to:
– Broaden your investor base and identify your target markets – Gain insights into distributing your fund products through a UCITS and AIF structure – Learn how to successfully expand your distribution base and gain the attention of allocators in Europe and beyond – Gain expert tips on forming and operating a UCITS/AIF vehicle as a US hedge fund manager – Assess the regulatory landscape and avoid regulatory and compliance pitfalls associated with widening your distribution footprint – Design a tailored product and learn the benefits of setting up the increasingly popular UCITS vehicle in a cost-effective way
Agenda & Discussion points:
8:30am – Registration and networking breakfast
9.00am – Introduction – what do European fund selectors expect?
– Overview of current market environment in Luxembourg and wider Europe
– Details of fund flows into UCITS, performance and investor appetite
09.30am – Panel 1: Setting up a UCITS vehicle: Overcoming cost issues & operational challenges
– Overview of the UCITS vehicle – why use this over European AIF structures, such as a RAIF, QIAIF, or SIF?
– What types of fund strategies should be considering a UCITS launch? How does MiFID II affect the calculus?
– Should you use a UCITS platform and how should you perform due diligence on the available options?
– Structuring an AIF: using local fund structures to align investor compensation among your various clients
– Using local service providers to assist with your launch – the questions you should be asking
– Do questions around Brexit have an impact on when and how you launch into Europe?
– What do UCITS fee structures look like? Is there much room for negotiation?
Speaker panel: Florian Clever, managing director and founder,Cleversoft Group Michael Sanders, managing director, LRI Group
Ole Rollag, founder and managing principal, Murano Connect
Richard Shamos, counsel, Sadis & Goldberg
10:30am – Panel 2: Optimizing UCITS distribution: A guide for US managers
– How do you gain the attention of investors while remaining AIFMD & UCITS complaint? How can you decipher and target your European investor base?
– How do you make the most of a field trip into Europe – who should you be meeting with and what questions should you be asking?
– Launching into Europe through a platform – what do platforms offer fund managers in the US, and whom do they suit? Are the services they offer adequate?
– Legal and regulatory considerations managers marketing into major European regions need to consider
– How much of a physical presence do managers need and where should they put down roots?
Speaker panel: Lisa Waldherr, executive director sales & marketing, Cleversoft Group Manuela Fröhlich, global head of business development, LRI Group
Ole Rollag, founder and managing principal, Murano Connect Ajai Thomas, managing director, head of investor relations, Hollis Park Partners LP
11.30am What’s next? – Conclusion of panel discussions
– What are the next steps each fund managers in the room should implement?
1:00pm Close of event
Please note: this workshop is strictly by invitation only
If you are interested in attending, please contact Orlanda Sharp to apply for a place on the workshop:
T: +44 20 7832 6641
In partnership with:
Become a Member
Becoming an HFM member opens up a whole world of benefits for you, your
organization and your bottom line. Start a no obligation free trial to experience our service for yourself.