Add to Calendar
06/13/2017 08:30America/New_YorkHFM & Pulsant workshop – Reaching cloud nine: Navigating cloud complexities and opportunitiesGain expert tips on how to navigate the incoming GDPR regulations and find out how this legislation will affect the way your fund operates its cloud functions.41 Portland Place, London, W1B 1QHfalseMM/DD/YYYY
Join HFM for our upcoming workshop, in partnership with Pulsant, on Tuesday 13 June at 41 Portland Place, London.
This free to attend morning event is held exclusively for senior hedge fund professionals in technology and operational roles. The half-day workshop is designed to offer industry insight in the latest in cloud compliance, from GDPR rules to cyber security.
10:00 Successful cloud compliance: From GDPR to cyber security and beyond
Moderator: Todd Whaley, director of consultancy services, Pulsant
Hazel Freeman,head of compliance and security services practice, consultancy services, Pulsant
Jonathan McDonald, senior associate, Charles Russell Speechlys LLP
– Overview of the biggest compliance challenges currently faced by today’s hedge fund managers – both internal and external threats, established and evolving
– How will the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affect the way you store data through a cloud service provider?
– Are there any specific elements of GDPR that hedge fund managers are particularly concerned with?
– Is there a need for more education around cloud security products? How are these generally perceived in the industry?
– How are attitudes changing towards cloud-based products e.g. Dropbox and Evernote?
– What should be sent to the cloud, and which business elements need to stay grounded?
– Should managers be looking at backup security systems for their cloud servers? Which elements should be addressed?
– What are the fundamental compliance procedures that every hedge fund should be addressing in terms of both cloud and cyber security?
– What are the main dangers relating to cyber security which managers need to be aware of?
– What should every CCO/CTO/COO in the room take away with them today to implement into their existing systems?
10:45 Refreshment break
11:00 Public, private or hybrid cloud services: The great debate
Moderator: Todd Whaley, director of consultancy services, Pulsant Pawel Szopinski, head of IT operations, Sequoia Capital Fund Management Frank Bennett, deputy chair, Cloud Industry Forum
Talking points: – An overview of these options – pros and cons to each
– How do you make your selection? Does AUM, strategy and organization structure have a bearing on your choice?
– Are there different cost implications to each option? Does going private offer a substantially more secure service?
– How to navigate the hybrid option – which business functions are placed privately and publicly?
– Who are the main players in the cloud game and how do you best review their services?
– What are the options available regarding Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASBs)?
– What about alternatives to the cloud? Are there any other storage solutions worth considering?
11:45 Event close & lunch
Please note that this workshop is strictly by invitation only to a select group of senior executives from hedge funds.
If you are interested in attending, please contact Orlanda Sharp to apply for a place on the workshop:
T: +44 20 7832 6641
In partnership with:
Become a Member
Becoming an HFM member opens up a whole world of benefits for you, your
organization and your bottom line. Start a no obligation free trial to experience our service for yourself.