Date: 25 February 2016
Venue: The Savile Club, 69 Brook Street, London
- Save for later 1020
25 February 2016
Join HFM for our next UK Breakfast Briefing, a free to attend event, held exclusively for HFM members. Featuring a panel-led discussion and informal networking, the Briefing is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, whilst meeting with your peers and connecting with new business contacts.
Prime broker pressures: How much more is there to squeeze and how will the sector evolve?
08:30 Breakfast & networking
09:15 Panel discussion – Prime broker pressures: How much more is there to squeeze and how will the sector evolve?
Conrad Levy, COO, Brummer & Partners
Nathan Davison, head of prime sales for Europe and Asia, Barclays
Shane Jackson, head of prime brokerage and financing, Emea, BlackRock
Abigail Bell, partner, Dechert
Topics to be discussed include:
• How much have Basel III costs been priced in to PB negotiations over the last 18 months and how much more pain is to come?
• What can managers do to make themselves more attractive to PBs in terms of increasing their RoA?
• Where are managers putting their cash – MMFs/ ETFs/ other cash management solutions being offered by investment banks or external vendors?
• Treasury management has become a much bigger issue for managers. At what size of AuM should firms look to consider hiring in for such a role? What other solutions are out there in the market from external vendors?
• What other financing options are available to managers? Enhanced custody? Financing from other sources- SWFS/FoHFs/other hedge funds?
• Can new managers still rely on past relationships from their old firms when arranging their PB relationships?
How to attend the Briefing:
All HFM members are welcome to attend the Briefing. To book your place, follow the link below:
If you are not currently an HFM member, you can attend the Briefing by taking out a free trial to HFM. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 (0) 20 7832 6511 to arrange your trial.