Join HFM for our first UK Evening Briefing, a free to attend event, held exclusively for hedge fund professionals.
Featuring a panel-led discussion and informal networking, the briefing is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, whilst meeting with your industry peers and connecting with new business contacts.
Shedding light on Mifid II’s dark pool trading rules
Discussion points include:
- As part of the incoming Mifid II regulation, a proposed cap will be imposed on dark pool trading; how are investors reacting to this news, and what is the likely impact to be felt by the wider industry (managers, banks and brokers)?
- How can firms avoid the cap? Discussion around the Large In Scale (LIS) waiver; what it means, how larger trades qualify and what will happen to smaller trades – will they turn to periodic auctions?
- Mifid II will also raise the bar in terms of best execution – what impact will the new rules around policy, pricing and process have on dark pool trades? Can the new best ex rules be reconciled with the incoming dark pool trading restrictions?
- Rebecca Healey, head of Emea market structure & strategy, Liquidnet
- Dan Squires, sales director, Liquidnet
- Claire Cummings, partner, Cummings Law
16:30 – Registration & networking
17:15 – Panel discussion
18:15 – Drinks reception
19:15 – Event close
20 Portman Square, Marylebone, London W1H 6LW
Directions can be found here.