Date: 07 November 2019
Venue: The Lamb's Club
- Save for later 59448
Join us at the HFM Breakfast Briefing, a free to attend event, featuring a panel-led discussion and informal networking.
Breakfast Briefings are FREE to attend for HFM members and trial users*
The Briefing is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, whilst meeting with your peers and connecting with new business contacts.
Topic: Buy or build – the tech choices in operations
– Use of technology is now an essential and growing part of the COO role. It can help automate reporting practices, reduce head count or help monitor traders more effectively. The decision on whether to outsource or build yourself comes down to cost, security and usefulness of the tech. Is it ever worth building your own software? How big do you need to be?
– Should you hire data scientists or software engineers? How do you do your due diligence on vendors? Is it safe to build the cloud privately or go with one of the giants, AWS and Azure?
Moderator: Jen Banzaca, deputy editor, HFM Compliance
The Lamb’s Club, 132 W 44th St, New York
08:15 – Registration & networking breakfast
09:00 – Panel discussion
10:00 – Questions
10:15 – Close
*Selected trialists are only eligible to attend 1 breakfast within their trial period.
Members receive a wealth of benefits including:
– Access to the latest hedge fund industry news, reporting on a range of fund profiles, launches, people moves + global rankings
– Analysis and Research content including and Asset + New fund surveys
– Insights and Special Reports on latest issues affecting hedge fund space
– Data platform benchmarking performance of hedge fund data and investor profiles
To become eligible for this event, start free trial here.
For more information please contact Lana Vuletic: firstname.lastname@example.org