Add to Calendar
09/19/2017 8:30amAmerica/New_YorkHFM US Breakfast Briefing: Debating data strategies – stormy clouds and the evolving ways hedge funds are handling an information delugeHear experts debate the various data strategies managers should implement in their firm, from cloud sourced to internal builds.Lambs Club, New York falseMM/DD/YYYY
Join HFM for our next US Breakfast Briefing, a free to attend event, held exclusively for named HFM members and trialists.
Featuring a panel-led discussion and informal networking, the briefing is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, whilst meeting with your industry peers and connecting with new business contacts.
Debating data strategies: Stormy clouds and the evolving ways hedge funds are handling an information deluge
Discussion points include:
– Cost-effective strategies for combining on-premises capabilities with various cloud options and debating the pros and cons of leveraging services offered by cloud providers versus internal builds. What other services or offers are valuable on the cloud?
– Debating the economics of moving research and back-testing workloads and other data tasks to the cloud. What are the hurdles? How much of this is dependent on a firm’s current operational infrastructure and the volume of information being analyzsed and consumed? At what point do various options become more economically viable?
– Given the growth of data and sources, can you continue to build and scale without a cloud strategy?
– What hurdles have been eliminated so that hedge funds can do more in the cloud? What other barriers need to be reduced or eliminated for broader adoption?
Bijan Treister, infrastructure, Millennium Management
Greg Ulepic, sales director, financial services, Avere Systems Italo Brito, enterprise business manager, Google Cloud Michael Beal,co-founder, Data Capital Management
Samer Ojjeh, principal, EY
The Lambs Club, 132 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036 (btwn 6th Ave and Broadway)
Directions can be found here.
Nearest subway stations include: Bryant Park Station, 42nd St (0.2 miles/3 minute walk) Times Square Station, 42nd St (0.1 miles/ 3 minute walk) Rockefeller Center Station, 47-50 St (0.2 miles/ 4 minute walk)
The event is FREE to attend for existing named HFM members and trial users.
Not an HFM member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
– Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
– Exclusive access to all of our monthly breakfast briefings
– Invitations to our collection of other events including awards, summits, dinners and webinars.
– Six specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
– Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.
If you are not a named member, have already had a trial but would like to attend this event, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: this event is not open to any members of the press unless agreed in advance with the organisers.
Become a Member
Becoming an HFM member opens up a whole world of benefits for you, your
organization and your bottom line. Start a no obligation free trial to experience our service for yourself.