Add to Calendar
04/11/2018 8.30amAmerica/New_YorkHFM US Breakfast Briefing: Preparing for GDPR as a US firm and dealing with data breach threatsFind out what US firms need to be aware of as the GDPR legislation approaches Lambs Club, New York falseMM/DD/YYYY
Join HFM for our next US Breakfast Briefing, a free to attend event, held exclusively for named HFM members and trialists.
Featuring a panel-led discussion and informal networking, the briefing is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, whilst meeting with your industry peers and connecting with new business contacts.
Preparing for GDPR as a US firm and dealing with data breach threats
Discussion points include:
– How will the European GDPR regulation, which comes in to force on 25 May, affect managers in the US? What final steps should you be taking to prepare?
– How do you best monitor ongoing internal and external data breach threats?
– How can you educate your employees so everyone understands the policies and procedures you have to protect your business? How often should you conduct staff training?
– How will GDPR, alongside other data security considerations, affect the way you store data in the cloud?
– What tough questions should you be asking of your cloud providers and other service providers who handle or process your client data?
– One year on from the NYDFS’s cyber-security rule coming into effect, how have firms been managing under the new regime?
The Lambs Club, 132 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036 (btwn 6th Ave and Broadway)
Directions can be found here.
Nearest subway stations include: Bryant Park Station, 42nd St (0.2 miles/3 minute walk) Times Square Station, 42nd St (0.1 miles/ 3 minute walk) Rockefeller Center Station, 47-50 St (0.2 miles/ 4 minute walk)
The event is FREE to attend for existing named HFM members and trial users.
Not an HFM member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
– Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
– Exclusive access to all of our monthly breakfast briefings
– Invitations to our collection of other events including awards, summits, dinners and webinars.
– Six specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
– Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.
If you are not a named member, have already had a trial but would like to attend this event, please contact the team at email@example.com.
Please note: this event is not open to any members of the press unless agreed in advance with the organisers.