Date: 31 May 2018
Venue: Lambs Club, New York
- Save for later 4099
This event is sponsored by:
Join us at our next US Breakfast Briefing.
Featuring a panel-led discussion and informal networking, the briefing is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, whilst meeting with your industry peers and connecting with new business contacts.
Topic: Unlisted Alternative Registered CEF opportunities: The benefits and challenges for hedge fund managers eyeing this space
Discussion points include:
– Why should hedge fund managers be looking to offer unlisted closed-end funds such as interval and tender offer funds as part of their product line? What are the key structuring considerations for these vehicles: investor eligibility, tax efficiency, performance fees, repurchase offers, calculating NAVs and SEC filings, and what sort of business benefits can they provide?
– What operational and compliance challenges exist during the launch process and beyond and how can these be addressed?
– Tips for engaging with distributors. How do you catch the eye of RIA networks and wirehouses to help with distribution efforts? How costly are these distribution deals? What other distribution methods are available?
– Looking forward, how much potential does the market for unlisted CEFs hold? How much growth can be expected in the coming years and what players might become more active in the space?
Moderator: Paul McMillan, Head of Content, HFM
George Silfen, Partner, Kramer Levin
Michael McGrath, Executive Vice President – Private Client Solutions, Thales Capital Partners
Rohit Vohra, COO, OC Private Capital (JV between OppenheimerFunds and The Carlyle Group)
Ron Feiman, Partner, Kramer Levin
Full speaker panel to be announced shortly.
08:15 Registration & networking breakfast
09:00 Panel discussion
Nearest subway stations include:
Bryant Park Station, 42nd St (0.2 miles/3 minute walk)
Times Square Station, 42nd St (0.1 miles/ 3 minute walk)
Rockefeller Center Station, 47-50 St (0.2 miles/ 4 minute walk)
The event is FREE to attend.
Not an HFM member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
– Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
– Exclusive access to all of our monthly breakfast briefings
– Invitations to our collection of other events including awards, summits, dinners and webinars.
– Nine specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
– Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you.
Please note: this event is not open to any members of the press unless agreed in advance with the organisers.