Add to Calendar
06/21/2017 08:30America/New_YorkHFM US Breakfast Briefing: Why Mifid II, tech advances and investor pressures are set to shake-up research paymentsHear industry experts advise on the possible effects for US managers ahead of the implementation of Mifid IILambs Club, New York falseMM/DD/YYYY
Join HFM for our next US Breakfast Briefing, a free to attend event, held exclusively for named HFM members and trialists.
Featuring a panel-led discussion and informal networking, the briefing is an excellent opportunity to update your knowledge, whilst meeting with your industry peers and connecting with new business contacts.
Why Mifid II, tech advances and investor pressures are set to shake-up research payments.
Discussion points include:
– How are managers in Europe preparing for Mifid II research unbundling and what can US managers impacted by the rules learn from this ahead of the January 2018 deadline?
– Is there a silver lining? Could research procurement actually improve under Mifid II and fund managers gain more value add insights? Who will be the winners (and losers) from unbundling?
– Will changes to the sell-side in Europe start to have a knock-on impact globally and will US investors start pushing for similar levels of transparency?
– What other aspects of Mifid II might US managers be caught up in, depending on their firm structure?
Christopher Tiscornia, CEO of Westminster Research, Cowen Jeremy Davies, co-founder, RSRCHXchange
Meredith Simmons, CCO, Mason Capital Shawn Armstrong,director of project management , GoldenTree Asset Management
The Lambs Club, 132 West 44th Street, New York, NY 10036 (btwn 6th Ave and Broadway)
Directions can be found here.
Nearest subway stations include: Bryant Park Station, 42nd St (0.2 miles/3 minute walk) Times Square Station, 42nd St (0.1 miles/ 3 minute walk) Rockefeller Center Station, 47-50 St (0.2 miles/ 4 minute walk)
The event is FREE to attend for existing named HFM members and trial users.
Not an HFM member? Join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
– Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
– Exclusive access to all of our monthly breakfast briefings
– Invitations to our collection of other events including awards, summits, dinners and webinars.
– Six specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
– Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you, as well as entry to the above event.
If you are not a named member, have already had a trial but would like to attend this event, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: this event is not open to any members of the press unless agreed in advance with the organisers.
Become a Member
Becoming an HFM member opens up a whole world of benefits for you, your
organization and your bottom line. Start a no obligation free trial to experience our service for yourself.