Date: 07 December 2017
- Save for later 3320
11:00am – 12:00pm EST / 4:00pm – 5:00pm BST
Managers are showing increased interest in starting cryptocurrency funds or adding cryptocurrencies to their trading strategy (in fact, in December 2016, cryptocurrency market capitalization was only $15 billion; today, it is $170 billion). However, trading and valuation of digital currency is complex, and these funds face new and unique legal and regulatory concerns.
In this webinar we will discuss:
– Best practices for starting a cryptocurrency fund or incorporating digital assets into an existing fund
– How to structure this type of fund vehicle – fees, liquidity, share classes
– How to handle these funds’ unique regulatory compliance considerations and anti-money laundering requirements
– Dealing with issues around the valuation of currencies
– Available portfolio management tools
– How to best arrange custody of assets and keep those assets secure
– Taxation of digital assets.
– Blake Estes, counsel, Alston & Bird
– David Young, president, Gemini Companies
– Dennis Schall, partner alt investment group, Marcum
– Tim Enneking, managing director, Crypto Asset Management and director, Mana Companies Asset Management
The event is FREE to attend for existing named HFM members and trial users.
Already a named member? You can continue to enjoy unlimited access to our exclusive events.
If not, join our membership community today and receive a wealth of benefits including:
– Direct access to daily news updates, data & analysis.
– Invitations to our collection of events including awards, summits, dinners and webinars.
– Six specialist networks for the latest industry trends.
– Benchmarking data for flows, performance and product development.
Register now for your free trial and experience the full range of benefits available to you.