The Covid-19 pandemic is far from over, but it has already had a dramatic effect on the way hedge funds do business. How has the virus impacted asset raising and working practices, and what lasting changes will there be? HFM’s latest Insights report – from a survey of more than 80 hedge fund professionals throughout June – has the answers.
- The crisis has generated investor interest for half of credit funds
- Hedge fund searches by institutions edged up in April and May
- A third of funds have performed better than managers expected
- A third US firms surveyed had staff test positive for coronavirus
- The crisis will see a quarter of managers plan a new fund launch
- Smaller firms will cut costs by WFH, larger firms by moving offices